Monday, February 20, 2012

My Meal Plan 02/20 - 02/26


This week I am determined to make this ham!!! Lol I've planned it for like the last 3 weeks and still have yet to eat it! Also, I had a surprise Valentines Day dinner date with my husband, so I will be trying that new recipe this week. Besides those things I stuck to last weeks plans.

I keep thinking that "things will get easier when (fill in the blank)"... Right now my husband is in the process of getting our church's 2nd campus ready for opening on March 11th, my oldest daughter is cheering twice a week, my oldest son has baseball 4 times a week, we are involved in our church on Weds nights, my husband is restoring his "dream car" with his friend, we're both enrolled in online college classes and we're trying to find another house to move into that will give us more space. And then of course there are the normal everyday things like kids school, homework, projects, house chores, bills to be paid, etc. It seems when one thing ends it just makes room for another activity to fill it. For example my daughter's cheering ends next week and then my youngest son will start with T-Ball 2 days a week.

I really prefer to be at home. Not like I'm a homebody, but I hate driving all over the place. It makes me feel so much more pressured to stick to a schedule. Now I do love schedules, but I like them to be flexible. With our life right now, that's not possible! I guess I just need to get used to it... At least for the time being.

One thing that is suffering is my meal planning. The problem isn't meal planning itself, without it we would just eat out constantly. But I don't have as much time in the kitchen and if I don't start early, it's not happening. So in an effort to make it work I need to plan quick or make ahead meals! I'll be sharing my findings later this week.

What are your tips for eating with busy schedules? And what are your favorite go to meals???

Here are the details:



Breakfast:
Waffles, Cereal, Egg Sandwiches, Toast

Lunch:
Lunchmeat Sandwich, PB&J, Leftovers, Grilled Cheese

Snacks:
Yogurt, Apples, Applesauce, Carrots, Chips, Cookies, Fruit Snacks

Dinner:

Monday - Crescent Chicken w/ Salad



Tuesday - Quesadillas w/ Refried Beans Practice @5pm

Wednesday - Ham w/ Corn, Mashed Potatoes & Homemade Rolls Church @6:30pm

Thursday - Spaghetti w/ Homemade Bread Practice @6pm

Friday - Crispy Cheddar Chicken w/Corn

Saturday - Crock-pot Chicken Tacos w/ Brown Rice



Sunday - Leftovers

3 comments:

  1. My main way of dealing with super busy days is to use my slow cooker. And, I will generally make enough in the slow cooker to give me another 2 or more meals later in the week as well. And, for the days when the morning is super busy but I have a little extra time at night, I will prep everything for the slow cooker at night, then all I have to do in the morning is dump it in and turn it on to come home to a hot meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I do to both save money and time is to use my leftovers to create freezer meals for later, when I'm having a very busy day. For instance, if I have leftover chicken, I might chop it and put in over frozen chopped broccoli in a pan I can freeze, and top it with a curry sauce (just mayo, homemade cream of something and curry powder - onions are good, too)and top off with parmesan cheese. Freeze and later bake at 350 till bubbly. Or something similar with leftover rice, especially wild rice, which freezes better, and maybe some crunchier veggies like celery and water chestnuts. Freeze without the sauce, in a freezer bag, and later pull out, top with a sauce and bake. I like to look at what I have leftover in the fridge and think of something creative to do with it. :) Soups are expecially good for this. But for instance, at the moment, I have 4 meals ready to go in my freezer, which is helping me out so much this week, both time-wise and monetarily. That's 4 meals I won't be tempted to eat out. I love your blog. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K-Kiora - I need to get better about preparing my crock-pot meals the night before.

    Leslie - I started the year off with lots of meals in my freezer and then I used them and didn't replenish! Lol Thanks for all the ideas! I need to get better about it!

    ReplyDelete